Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Jesus is in the doctor's office

i find myself in peace as this world crumbles away. Sanctification is a process that takes time and it is often hard to see past the moment. We tend to feel that our problems will always be our problems, and instead of conquering them, we make accommodations for them. We are spoiled by instant gratification and we look for short solutions and temporary fixes instead of waiting for opportunities at lasting resolve. I love those moments when I see how God has worked out a problem while I was completely unaware of the process. Doors and windows are constantly opened and closed. In our stubbornness, we sometimes force our desires into fruition prematurely. Ah, the ease of fast food and texting... Things come so easily to us that we are now spoiled by the system. Times are 'hard' and will only get harder because we don't know how to work for anything. Im soooo guilty of this. Maybe this is why I sometimes thirst for suffering. I don't want to be numb. I don't want to just slide by. I want to pick up the cross and carry it and feel the burden on my shoulders. I don't want easy, I have had that and it drove me to temporary satisfaction and pleasure. I don't want to be of this world, i've had it and it and it brought me nothing but superficial pain, pain that was rooted in longings of the world. I want to die living so i can live forever singing praises to the One who delivered me from my sins. Jesus is everywhere, He will even sing to you if you pick the right music. Find Jesus in everything, He is more real than Waldo. He is even in you, all you gotta do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment